About Me

My photo
Author of queer, wry sci fi/fantasy books. On Amazon.
Editor of all fiction genres.

Tuesday 3 May 2016


Black MariaBlack Maria by Diana Wynne Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is one of my most favorite, to the extent that I don't even talk about it to many people. It's a strange, eerie, weird tale about gender roles and the confining politics of abusive families; it is about loss and witchcraft and hidden things. If you want a mature young adult book that will haunt you, grab this.

View all my reviews 



I've read this book more times than I can count. I can remember the illustrations and quotes, word for word. Some books are read; some are tattooed onto the soul.





***
Thanks for returning to the nest. Leave a comment and say hi! I want to hear from you. Keep up with the new releases by getting on the mailing list. Buy my books on Amazon, and keep up with me on TwitterFacebookTumblr, and the original blog. This is the one and only SciFiMagpie, over and out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, be excellent unto others, and don't be a dick.

Google+